Chalk Board Signs
I made a bunch of these for my wedding. I like the chalk board look, which was all the rage. But I LOVED the price. I learned a few things. And here they are in no particular order:
- Don’t bother buying chalk board markers. Instead use silver sharpie markers. They are easier to control, last longer, and cover better (you don’t need to go over them a second time).
- Recycle!!! I took a ton of old picture frames and spray painted them with a textured copper spray paint.
- Use cheap wood MFD board (you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes) and paint it with chalk board paint.
- Staple the boards into the frame with a staple gun AFTER you paint them.
- Foam rollers are a must! No clean up required, just throw them out when you are done! And they cover far more smoothly then brushes.
- Buy picture stands at your local craft shop.